I can’t get Unravel to start.
This issue can have several causes and it depends a bit on the symptoms you’re seeing.
Those can be
- Nothing happens after pressing play on Origin
- The game opens but then immediately crashes with the following error message: Unravel has stopped working.
- The game briefly opens, then closes again
- All I get is a black screen with sound playing
- I get the following error message: Missing Dll: [MSVCP110.dll]
Things you can try
Depending on the error you’re seeing, the solution that can help you may differ. It’s best to try all the suggestion below, until you’re successful.
- Make sure you fulfill the minimum requirements. Unravel does not run on Windows Vista and below and needs a dedicated graphics card with DirectX 11 support or at least an Intel 4400. It’s also a 64 bit game and hence requires a 64 bit operating system. The game does not run on Macs (except through Bootcamp or similar) or Chromebooks.
- Make sure you run the latest Graphics Card drivers.
- For AMD: Use the Catalyst Center installed on your computer or download from the AMD Drivers & Support.
- For Nvidia: Use the Nvidia Experience installed on your computer or download from the Nvidia Driver Downloads
- For Intel: You need at least an Intel 4400. You can update the drivers through the Intel Download Center
- There’s a known issue with the K-Lite Codec pack. Make sure to update it to the latest version available or uninstall it completely. You don’t need to install it if you don’t have this pack. There may be other codec packs that cause this error. The DLL causing the issue is VSFilter.dll. Check if you have this on your computer and if you do, it’s likely the culprit. Check for updates for any other codec packs you might have downloaded and make sure they are updated.
- Try repairing the game through Origin by right-clicking on the game and choosing Repair game.
- Manually uninstall Origin and install it again using the latest version available to download in origin.com. You won’t loose any games while doing so but you will loose access to them while Origin is uninstalled.
- Try a clean boot to make sure there’s no other program interfering.
- Start Origin as administrator
- Run a virus scan on your computer.
- Reinstall your Visual C++ Redistributable Packages