I get the following error message trying to install the game.
Error: The VC++ runtime redistributable package was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue. (1603)
This error can have several causes. Below a few things you can try:
Start as Administrator
- Right-Click on the Origin Icon on your desktop
- Choose Run as Administrator.
Uninstall faulty Update
- Go to Uninstall or change a program
- Click on Installed Updates
- Click on Name to sort the updates alphabetically
- Find Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB2918614)
- Uninstall the Update
- Restart your computer
- Reinstall Sims 4 again as administrator.
Reinstall VC ++ Redistributable
- Check in your installed programs if you have Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x86 Redistributable and Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x64 Redistributable
- If not:
- Go here: Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013
- Click on the red Download button
- Choose vcredist_x86.exe and vcredist_x64.exe and click Next
- Save the file to a place of your choice
- Install the file by double clicking on the file.
- If so
- Uninstall it and reinstall as described above.