The play button in Origin stays gray and because of this I can’t start the game.
- Something is still blocking the button, making it think you didn’t update properly
- The game is already running in the background
- Open your task manager and look for a process called TS4.exe. Try running the game from there or kill the process.
- Exit Origin completely by clicking on Exit in the menu (clicking on X does not close Origin, it just minimizes it to the tray) and restart Origin as Administrator.
- Reinstall Origin (you won’t loose your game and the warning can be ignored since you’re reinstalling Origin right away). Make sure you download the newest version
- If you can, right click on the game in Origin and choose repair game.