Steps to take
Error messages and logs can most often help identifying why a program crashes. Windows logs a lot but it’s sometimes hard to find out where.
Once such place is the reliability monitor.
Follow these steps to get the error from that monitor.
Opening the reliability monitor
Show critical events
- A window will open that has several segments
- The segments that have a red circle with an X are the critical events that occurred on your system.
- Click on the X to see more info on the events (newest ones are always on the right)
- Choose the ones where it either says Sims 4, ts4.exe or Origin.
- Right-click on the event and choose View technical details.
- There’s information in the appearing window that you can use to troubleshoot (google) or you can click on Copy to clipboard and post it in any forum so someone can help you with them.
Error module names and exception codes are the most interesting information. If there’s a dll in error module name, try to google it to find out what programs it belongs to.