I change the right-click menu to off but on the next game start it’s reset to on.
Changing the option isn’t saved into the engine.ini file. Because of this, the change is not permanent and only affects the current gaming session.
Change the option manually in the engine.ini instead:
Manually change settings
All settings that can be changed in the game under Options
can also be changed manually in the config-file. This can be useful if the game itself can't be started.
Where do I find the file ?
The file can be found in your user files in the folder config
and is named engine.ini
How can I edit the file ?
The file can be edited with any text editor although I don't recommend the windows editor as the formatting can get lost.
To change a line, do the following steps
- Make sure the game is closed
- Create a backup of the file in case something goes wrong
- Search for the appropriate line in the file and edit the value
- Make sure to only change the value after the colon
- Save the file
- On the next game start the changes should be done.
- Search for the following line: “UseRightclickMenu”: true,
- Change true to false